Florida is recognized as one of the world’s prime family destinations. This is because everything you want in a place can already be found here. Check out the sunny sands and beautiful coastlines to exciting attractions and awesome space centers! Here are the 10 best things to do in Florida.
1. Take on Different Activities at Mount Dora
Mount Dora is a small town that overlooks Lake Dora. It is known for hosting many events and festivals, and for being a place where you can just relax and do recreational activities. Are you visiting anytime soon? Check out these famous spots: Mount Dora Museum of Speed, Donnelly House, Renningers Mount Dora Flea Market, and Antique Center, Palm Island Park, Modernism Museum, and Gilbert Park.
2. Allot a Half Day for a Scuba Dive at Molasses Reef
What better way to explore the beauty of the Florida waters than to be in this vibrant snorkeling and scuba diving spot? Some of the common sightings are turtles, Carribean spiny lobsters, barrel sponges, brain and fire corals, nurse sharks, and Atlantic spade fishes. If you’re extra attentive, you might just catch a stingray hiding in the sandy bottoms around the reefs.
3. Have a Magical Experience at Walt Disney World
The east coast’s answer to Anaheim’s Disneyland. Walt Disney World Florida covers nearly 47 square miles of theme parks, water parks, interactive rides, magical attractions, and more! There are cast members who portray more than 3,000 different roles – and you’re surely going to feel the magic of Disney during every visit!
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress. This is an incredibly nostalgic attraction that will take you across Disney’s history through the rotating theatre.
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends. Be inside a massive and impressive aquarium.
- Tomorrowland Speedway. Get to put the pedal on beautiful old cars in this tyke-sized motorway.
- Na’vi River Journey. An idyllic boat ride through a bioluminescent flora made even more amazing with stunning visual effects.
- Test Track. A fun test drive through different simulated events and places. You can even design your car!
- Kali River Rapids. An exhilarating raft ride that will give you laughter, excitement, and a chance to get soaked!
- Slinky Dog Dash. This family coaster will take you and your kids to a cinematic thrill ride.
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain. Brave the Himalayan ascent and descent that’s filled with surprises. This coaster is well-loved for a reason!
4. Get an Inside Look of Seaworld
If you want to visit another amusement park aside from Walt Disney World, then you should consider going to the Florida Aquariums! Seaworld offers plenty of rides and coasters, as well as up-close animal encounters that are too incredible to ignore!
Tips: Be sure to layer up and keep yourself warm. While the Florida climate is usually around 70 degrees in the winter and up to 90 degrees in the summer, it can get chilly inside Seaworld due to it being a controlled environment. It’s also best to arrive at least 30 minutes before showtime to secure a good spot/seat.
5. Go on a Thrilling Getaway at the Underwater Hotel
Underwater hotels are something you see in movies. But who says you can’t book a room for you and your friends in real life? Well, this is one of the best things to do in Florida! Jules’ Undersea Lodge is the only underwater hotel in the world where the only way in is through scuba diving. Go on an overnight stay or get scuba training and dive around in the lagoon! This place also has a lot of distinguished visitors. For instance, Aerosmith’s Steve Tyler and Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau paid this lodge a visit!
6. Go Beyond NASA’s Gates at Kennedy Space Center
This place is just one small step from Orlando, and we’ll tell you – it’s worth your while! Fuel your quest for space exploration right here!
What activities can you do?
- Take a look inside “Heroes and Legends,” where you’ll learn about U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, and walk among giants inside the Rocket Garden.
- Visit historic launch sights and spaceflight facilities aboard the Kennedy Space Center Bus.
- Try the Shuttle Launch Experience and know how it feels to dock and land the shuttle.
7. Enjoy a Guided Tour of Fort Jefferson
Fort Jefferson was built to protect one of, if not the most strategic deepwater anchorages in North America. Let expert naturalists guide you through the fort as you imagine the life lived here during the 1860s. You’ll be amazed by the history behind the impressive brick buildings, storehouses, and traverses.
8. Check out Amazing Attractions at Universal Orlando
Are you up for an epic adventure? Then make sure you find your fun here at Universal Orlando! Brave the rides and attractions, dine with the star-studded theme park characters or watch the spectacular nighttime show. You’ll never run out of things to do here – may it be shopping, entertainment, and events.
9. Prepare to Be Amazed at the Coral Castle Museum
One of the best things to do in Florida is to visit this enchanting destination, popular for its history. The Coral Castle Museum is a museum and sculpture garden single-handedly built by one man by the name of Edward Leedskalnin. In addition to that amazing fact, it took him 28 years to complete this very unusual accomplishment!
10. Go the Extra Effort and Tour Caladesi Island State Park
This island is located along the Gulf Coast and is only accessible by boat. But don’t worry! As you arrive here, you’ll realize that the extra effort is worth it because of the pristine beaches, and beautiful bayside mangrove forests. The Caladesi Island State Park also has an interpretive exhibit, concession and restaurant, camping boat, fishing and boating activities, a picnic area, and more.
Things to try:
- Delight in casual beach fares such as chips and fruit smoothies.
- Take a look around the small gift shop and bring home souvenirs for your family
- Paddle around as you traverse the winding water trails.
Do you think Florida can compete as the best state?
- Arizona3 years ago
This 5.8-Mile Hike Leads to the Most Insane Crystal Blue Waters in All of Arizona
- Arizona4 years ago
These 8 Charming Towns in Arizona Are Hidden Gems That Are Perfect for a Day Trip
- Arizona6 months ago
Take a Trip to This Beautiful Blue Beach in Arizona to Escape the Scorching Summer Heat